Mobile Apps Development Manager - Bangkok
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Job Sector||Technology / IT|
Calling all Mobile Apps Development Managers/Team Leads. Our client is looking for world class development managers to lead their mobile app engineering team and bring it to where it belongs: the number one spot. The role is one of the most significant and challenging positions at the company. You should be extremely hands-on, technically excellent and well versed on solid engineering principles as well as exhibit strong leadership and people development skills.
- Previous experience managing mobile engineering teams of at least 6 people
- Passionate about technology and mobile apps, you are still hands on
- Experience working in a successful agile development team
- Able to take full responsibility for the product - from early planning stages to deployment and maintenance.
- Inspirational leadership - know what will make your engineers go the extra mile
- Extremely proficient in an object orientated language (Objective C, Swift, Java, Kotlin, C#)
- Extremely proficient in modern coding practices (dependency injection, reactive programming, MVVM, design patterns)
- Extremely proficient in mobile platforms SDK (iOS, Android)
- Proficient in back-end development (MVC, REST API, data retrieval)
- Proficient in mobile OSs (memory management, context switching, threading)
- Extremely proficient in automatic testing (specta, jUnit, appium)
- Good understanding of Internet technologies (HTTP, SSL, TCP)
Our client is one of the leading and fastest growing IT employers in Southeast Asia. With world class talent from over 65 countries, the atmosphere of a start-up and the muscle of a $3bn business, this company is an incredible technical creative melting pot. They believe very much in the new generation of programmers. Dynamic, innovative, curious, aware of the latest technologies and programming techniques and at the same time willing to learn - and challenge - their experienced developers already on board.
It's vital to have a love of engineering and a passion for building things. You will be expected to guide and review the team's work, but at times you also may need to get hands-on and code yourself. You'll also be expected to stay in touch with where the industry is going as well as have strong opinions about how systems should be engineered and maintained. This company believes in full stack engineering so you must have solid experience in all parts of the technology stack: infrastructure, client-side (iOS and Android), back-end, performance, data and others.
As a technology company, this organisation keeps up with the latest ideas and innovations and makes key decisions on when to adopt, when to follow and when to innovate. Previous experience of making the right choices will be required as you will be responsible for the technical direction of our fastest growing asset: the firm's mobile app.
Despite their investment and belief in technology, people are still their greatest asset. The right candidate will have a keen interest in developing people: inspiring those around them so they can achieve their potential. Being able to recruit other A-players and integrating them into the business will also be important.
If you feel you are the right candidate to take this company to the next level then get in touch! This company is full of like minded people who demand success and ensure they reach it.
We welcome applications from both international and local based candidates. A relocation package and visa sponsorship will be offered to eligible candidates.
If you bring what it takes and this role sounds like it's for you please send us your CV right now. Our client will be starting interviews imminently