Data Applications Engineer Real Time Microservices
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Location||Bangkok, Bangkok Province|
|Job Sector||Technology / IT|
Why data application development?
Our client adopts a data-centric approach to solve almost all business problems. They build real-time data applications to answer questions like ranking, recommendation, and how to serve prices most efficiently. Their systems scale across multiple data centers, handling a few hundred thousand requests per second, and respond within a few milliseconds. They also build machine learning jobs to do the heavy crunching.
This is a unique combination of hard-core engineering challenges (scalability, performance, sometimes really low-level tuning) and latest big data technology. This is also the best place to gain exposure to various business domains in the company.
Day to day
- You'll work with experienced engineers and product owners to identify business opportunities, design and create new data system from scratch, all the way to deploying software
- Improve scalability, stability, speed of existing applications
- Debug and fix production problems
- Collaborate with other team
- Research new technologies and share across organizations
- 3+ years of industry experience, preferred at a tech company
- Experience with at least one of the following languages: Scala, Java, Python, or any functional/OO languages. They code primarily in Scala, so you too will x-trained in this..
- Experience building API products (knows protocols/formats/best practices)
- Experience working in an agile environment using test driven methodologies.
Nice to have
- Experience building large-scale API products
- Experience working with big data technologies (eg. Spark, Hadoop)
- Passionate about functional programming
A few of the technologies they use
Scala, Spark, Akka, Spray, Python, Hadoop, Yarn, MLlib,ElasticSearch, Logstash, Vertica, Grafana.
Our client is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia. And are part of the largest online travel company in the world. They have the dynamism and short chain of command of a startup and the capital to make things happen.
Their Bangkok team is looking for top quality passionate engineers to build data applications across their business domains.
- Generous annual leave increasing each year with additional business and family leave days
- 15 days of public holidays
- Provident fund
- Local or International health insurance options available with added additional options for family members
- Staff discounts on hotel bookings
- Staff discount scheme on restaurants, flights and local amenities
- Free Thai or English classes (if you want to learn or improve these skills)
We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates.